Dialogue dan Monologue

Setiap orang mempunyai cerita, kisah, pengalaman dan pandangan untuk
dikongsi. Blog ini adalah dialog dan monolog kami suami-isteri mengenai
kehidupan, keluarga, isu semasa, kerjaya dan apa saja yang signifikan dalam
hidup kami berdua.

Monday 20 June 2011

Ketidaksempurnaan, Ego dan Mohon Maaf (Adnan)

Let me pick up from Lia's previous posting on the issue of "ketidaksempurnaan, ego dan mohon maaf". I believe those three words are very much related to her 24 years of experience with her better half, which is ME. I never realised that I'm that type of person who is so `berat mulut' to say sorry, even when it was clearly my mistake (but I'm glad she can read my body language which sometimes is louder than words, I'm sorry). This is very unlike her who would quickly apologised. And I concur with her that it is about my ego. It took me over two decades of marital relationship to realise that. She'd subtly pointed out about this on many occasions, but it never changed anything, until I observed from our own children. Among our children, there are her `type' and there are my `type' or a combination. We have one daughter who is type "Kamaliah" and another daughter who is type "Adnan". The two boys some what a combination of type "Kamaliah" and "Adnan". The two daughters are very predictable about "mohon maaf" because there have inherited only one type, the two boys some how are rather unpredictable. The good thing about all this is that we talked about our children and their antics, but in actuality we are reflecting about ourselves. In short, we do learn many things from our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment