Dialogue dan Monologue

Setiap orang mempunyai cerita, kisah, pengalaman dan pandangan untuk
dikongsi. Blog ini adalah dialog dan monolog kami suami-isteri mengenai
kehidupan, keluarga, isu semasa, kerjaya dan apa saja yang signifikan dalam
hidup kami berdua.

Sunday 19 June 2011

24th Wedding Anniversary (Adnan)

Wow, that's a long first piece from Lia. Hmm... apparently you have a lot of things to say about our anniversary and married life. By now, after 24 years, I think, both of us know our better half very well. One thing I would add, though, avoiding conflict and long-term communication breakdown between spouse requires hell of a skill. And we are both good at it.

Lia is a good listener, I have to admit. Most of the time, I will do the talking while she'd lend her ears listening to almost anything I'd to say (though while driving on the highway, often times she'd fell asleep, and I'll be talking to my car steering).  But there are times, we are simply quiet. Nothing to say. May be my`nothing box' takes over my brain, may be we were not in the mood, and often times, it was a `silent treatment' from me. I'll blog about `silent treatment' some other times. Infact, we can write a book about `silent treatment'.

Back to the anniversary, 24 years of ups and downs of marital relationship. Lots of sacrfices but overall it's full of love, laughter, joy and happiness. And we'd cherish and love to talk about it almost all the time. And this blog is a symbolic expression of that years of being together.

1 comment:

  1. unc nan it runs in the family..time ayh tgh ckp pon de tbe2 ibu tdo.it's either genetic or the topic is so boring..hehe..

    ReplyDelete